Hey folks! 👋 From logos to phrasing, we want to make sure you and your team feel confident sharing about Hack Club / HCB on your site, fundraising platforms, grant apps, and other online spaces.
We know you're eager to share about your nonprofit status through HCB. 🤗 Following brand guidelines will not only help you display an accurate relationship with Hack Club but will also help create a unified appearance amongst all fiscally sponsored projects and legitimize your status.
When using our name, please make sure to:
- Capitalize every letter of HCB
- Refrain from adding/removing additional characters and words (e.g. 'Hack Club HCB')
- Refrain from using our previous name, "Hack Club Bank".
As an event or organization fiscally sponsored through HCB, the following can be included on any correspondence, websites, marketing, etc.:
Hack Pennsylvania is fiscally sponsored by The Hack Foundation (d.b.a. Hack Club), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 81-2908499).
If you'd like to modify the above statement, make sure it clearly shares that you're fiscally sponsored by HCB. If you have questions or would like to run your phrasing by us, feel free to contact the HCB team.
The original HCB logo.
HCB logo in dark mode.
General Usage Rules
- Use the HCB logo to link to HCB's page (hackclub.com/hcb).
- Use the HCB logo to link to your project/organization's HCB page (hcb.hackclub.com/hack-pennsylvania), provided that your project/organization has transparency mode enabled.
- Use the HCB logo to show that your project/organization is fiscally sponsored by HCB.
- Use the HCB logo in blog posts, news articles, or social media posts about Hack Club or HCB.
- Use the HCB name in correspondence/websites/marketing materials/etc. to state that your event or organization is fiscally sponsored, or, for donation and payment purposes, is a financial platform related to your fiscal sponsorship status (e.g. "donate to us using HCB").
- Use the HCB or Hack Club logo/name in any way that implies endorsement of your organization beyond fiscal sponsorship, unless such usage has been approved by HCB.
- Use the HCB logo as your event or organization's logo.
- Integrate the HCB logo into your event or organization's logo.
- Sell any HCB artwork without permission from Hack Club.
- Modify the original aspect ratio of the HCB logo (icon/badge) in any way, aside from resizing while maintaining the same aspect ratio.
- Modify the name other than what is specified in these guidelines
- Crowd the area around the HCB logo. The margins around all sides of the logo should be at least 1/2 the height of the logo (e.g. 32px tall icon should have 16px of margins on all sides)
- Display the HCB logo smaller than 24px in height/width, OR; (PNG icon only) larger than 512px in height/width.
- Display the HCB logo smaller than 144px wide and 36px tall or the point where the text becomes illegible, whichever is larger, OR; (PNG badge only) larger than 768px wide and 192px tall.